Crown Royal is currently the best-selling Canadian whiskey in the United States. It was created in 1939, especially for the visiting King George VI and Queen Elizabeth of England, but it didn’t hit the international markets until 1964. It is currently owned by the spirits giant Diageo.
Crown Royal Price List 2022
Crown Royal Deluxe, Black, Northern Harvest Rye, and all of the flavors are available in all sizes, ranging from 50ml minis to 1.75 liter magnums. While the Blender’s Mash only comes in a 375ml or 750ml bottle. For the Master Series of whiskies, they are all only available as 750ml bottles, except for the XO, which is also available as a 375ml half bottle.
The signature series and flavors all have similar pricing for a 750ml bottle, ranging from about $22 to $32. The Master Series whiskies are a bit more expensive, with the XO and Reserve being the cheapest at around $35 a bottle. The Wine Barrel Finished floats around the $60 mark at max, and the XR makes the big jump up to $150.
Below are the latest Crown Royal prices along with some of their bottle sizes and ABV-
|Type||Bottle Size||Starting Price||ABV|
|Crown Royal Fine Deluxe||375ml||$14.99 - $18.99||40%|
|750ml||$21.99 - $32.99|
|1L||$35.99 - $44.99|
|1.75L||$39.99 - $55.99|
|Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye||750ml||$26.99 - $34.99||45%|
|Crown Royal Black||750ml||$28.99 - $34.99||45%|
|1.75L||$49.99 - $59.99|
|Crown Royal Bourbon Blenders' Mash||750ml||$25.99 - $34.99||40%|
|Crown Royal Vanilla Flavored||750ml||$22.99 - $31.99||35%|
|Crown Royal Regal Apple Flavored||750ml||$22.99 - $31.99||35%|
|Crown Royal Salted Caramel Flavored||750ml||$22.99 - $31.99||35%|
|Crown Royal Peach Flavored||750ml||$22.99 - $31.99||35%|
|Crown Royal XO||750ml||$34.99 - $49.99||40%|
|Crown Royal Reserve||750ml||$42.99 - $54.99||40%|
|Crown Royal Wine Barrel Finished||750ml||$49.99 - $59.99||40.5%|
|Crown Royal XR Extra Rare||750ml||$109.99 - $139.99||40%|
|Crown Royal XR||750ml||$113.99 - $159.99||40%|
|Crown Royal 18 YR||750ml||$139.99 - $299.99||40%|
|Crown Royal Winter Wheat||750ml||$60.99 - $79.99||45%|
Alternatives to Crown Royal Whiskey at Comparable Prices
There are a number of Canadian whiskies on the market today that could substitute for the States’ most popular brand, but just like American bourbon and whiskey, not all are created equal. One brand of Canadian whiskey that is almost as popular as Crown Royal in the US is Canadian Club, which sits at a much more affordable price point of around $12-15 for a 750ml bottle. At around the same price as Crown Royal are Lot 40 and J.P. Wiser’s. Both are great whiskies and are labeled as “rye whiskey.”
Reviewed: Crown Royal Product Line
Crown Royal offers a large array of whiskies, varied by the specific blend of whiskies, aging processes, rarity of blend components, and flavors.
The aging process for the nearly 50 different whiskies used to make Crown Royal is done in Gimli, Manitoba. The blending and bottling processes are carried out in Amherstburg, Ontario.
- Deluxe – The flagship brand. A blend of up to 50 different whiskeys aged in oak barrels. The signature decanter-style bottle and the purple felt bag it comes in are visual icons in the world of liquor. It’s priced at around $21.99-$32.99.
- Northern Harvest Rye – A similar blend to the Deluxe but uses more rye grain whiskies, on sale for $26.99-$34.99.
- Black – The Deluxe blend aged in charred oak barrels and bottled at a higher proof, 45%abv as opposed to 40. The cost of the 750ml Crown Royal Black bottle is $28.99-$34.99.
- Blender’s Mash – A blend with more focus on corn whiskies, priced between $25.99 and $34.99.
- XR – A blend of some of the rarest whiskies Crown Royal has at their disposal, boasting the fact that it contains one of the last batches from Canada’s famed LaSalle distillery, which closed in 1993. It’s sold for a price as high as $159.99.
- XO: A select blend aged in cognac barrels, similar to the original process used to age the whiskey given to the Royal Family in 1939.
- Reserve: A blend selected by the master distiller himself of only the most exceptional whiskies with additional aging.
- Wine Barrel Finished: The name says it all: a select blend finished with additional aging in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels.
Of the number of flavors that have come into the Crown Royal repertoire over the years, not all have stood the test of time. For now, the currently available flavors are salted caramel, vanilla, apple, and peach. Although in the past they had a Texas Mesquite, Honey, and Maple, which you can still probably find at a local liquor store, that just wasn’t able to get rid of the whole case.
Cocktails With Crown Royal
- 1.5 oz Crown Royal Whiskey
- .75 oz Honey Syrup*
- .75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
In a mixing tin, dash bitters, add honey syrup, lemon juice, and whiskey. Shake vigorously and strain into a double old fashioned glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon twist.
*To make honest syrup at home, simply mix equal parts honey and water by volume. Using hot water makes this easier, or you can make a larger batch by heating the mixture on the stovetop.
Black Whiskey Sour
- 1.5oz Crown Royal Black
- .75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Egg White
Separate a fresh egg white into a mixing tin, discarding the yolk and shell. Add lemon juice and simple syrup, seal the shaker and shake vigorously without ice or whiskey. Open the shaker and add the whiskey and ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into a double old-fashioned glass over fresh ice, allowing the froth to settle on top. Garnish with a lemon twist or wedge and a cherry.