Kahlua is a coffee-flavored and sugar-based liqueur produced in Mexico. The liqueur is produced using several ingredients such as rum, vanilla bean, and corn syrup. Its mainly used as a cocktail mixer and an ingredient in desserts, ice cream, cakes, and cheesecakes.
Kahlua production was originally started in 1936 by Pedro Domecq before the Spanish Conquest. It went through many changes over the decades and in 2005, the company was acquired by Pernod Ricard.
Before 2004, the alcoholic content of Kahlua was 26.5%. After 2004, it was changed to be only 20%. There are several Kahlua product variations including the Original, Especial, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, Mocha, French Vanilla Liqueur, Peppermint Mocha, Midnight, Cinnamon Spice, Pumpkin Spice, and Ready to Drink.
Below are the latest Kahlua prices.
Kahlua Mixed Drinks
Kahlua is a very special liqueur because it has many uses. It can be used in various cocktails in addition to several desserts. Since the Kahlua Original is the most popular variation, the recipes involving that product will be the most common.
- White Russian – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur, 2 parts Absolut vodka, and 1 part heavy cream.
- Black Russian – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur and 2 parts Absolut vodka.
- Mind Eraser – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur, 1 part Absolut vodka, and 1 part club soda.
- Espresso Martini – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur, 2 parts Absolut vodka, and 1 part espresso.
- Frozen Mudslide – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur, 1 part Absolut vodka, 1 part Irish cream liqueur, and 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Kahlua Sour – 2.5 parts Kahlua Original liqueur, 1 fresh lemon juice, 0.5 part simple syrup, and 1 part egg white.
- B-52 Shot – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur, 1 part Irish cream liqueur, and 1 part triple sec.
- Dirty Mother – 1 part Kahlua Original liqueur and 1 part brandy.
- Caribbean Bulldog – 1 oz. Kahlua Original liqueur, 1 oz. Caribbean cream, 2 oz. milk, and 4 oz. Coca Cola.
- Dirty Apple – 1 1/2 oz. Kahlua Original liqueur, 2 1/2 oz. apple juice, and 1 oz. cream.
- Peanut Butter Cup – 1 oz. Kahlua Original liqueur, 1 oz. Frangelico hazelnut liqueur, 1 oz. Baileys Irish cream, and 5 oz. milk.
- Tropical Clarkson – 6 1/2 oz. hot chocolate, 1 1/2 oz. Kahlua Original liqueur, and 1 1/2 oz. whipped cream.