Dewars is a brand of blended Scotch whisky owned by the rum-giant Bacardi. One of its most popular products is the white label variant which is the top-selling blended Scotch in United States.
Dewars was started by John Dewar Sr. in 1846 in Scotland. The brand expanded quickly and by the end of 1800s, it was a global market leader. It has been owned by various companies but it was finally sold to Bacardi in 1998. Dewars currently owns five distilleries where their products are created.
There are six variations of the Dewars whisky. Those include Dewars White Label, Dewars Scratched Cask, Dewars 12 (12 year old), Dewars 15 (15 years old), Dewars 18 (18 year old), and Dewars Signature, which is supposedly using the finest single malt whiskies available.
Below are the latest Dewars prices.
|Dewars White Label||1.75l||$34.49|
|Dewars White Label||750ml||$25.99|
|Dewars White Label||1.75l||$48.99|
|Dewars White Label||750ml||$23.99|
|Dewars White Label||750ml||$21.28|
Dewars Mixed Drinks
There are many cocktails you can create using Scotch whisky and while there are many brands of scotch whisky, the following mixed drink recipes will use Dewars. However, you can safely substitute it with almost any blended Scotch whisky for a very similar taste.
Dewars White Label
- Godfather Cocktail – 1 1/2 parts Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky and 1/2 part Disaronno liqueur.
- Rob Roy Cocktail – 2 parts Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky, 1 part Martini Rosso, 1 dash of Angostura bitters, lemon zest, and whole cherry.
- Black Tea Punch Cocktail – 5 parts Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky, 6 parts Darjeeling tea, 10 parts fresh orange juice, 1 part fresh lemon juice, 1 part raspberry syrup, 1 part sugar syrup, soda water, and fresh mint and fruit for garnish.
- Rusty Nail – 1 1/2 parts Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky and 1/2 part Drambuie liqueur.
- Scotch Sour – 2 parts Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky, 3/4 parts fresh lemon juice, 1/2 part sugar syrup, 1 maraschino cherry, 1 orange slice, egg white, and ice.
- Highland – 1 part Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky, 1 part Martini Rosso vermouth, and 1 dash orange bitters.
- Dewars Smash – 2 parts Dewars White Label Blended Scotch Whisky, 1/2 lemon cut into wedges, 2 bar spoons of caster sugar, 8 fresh mint leaves, and cubed ice.